Week 12 Day 1 6/3/2019 Monday:
- Shana bike ride (with Bandit, Stella, Boris, Ziggy and Tommy outside) Equipment: leash, muzzle, ecollar (not used though)) 60 minutes Result: She did try and correct Boris for barking at the beginning when we started, but other than that did great. Training has been involved in this but used mostly for impulse control while in drive and behavioral development. Later on in the day, she did try to go after Ziggy when he was on my chair. So her mood, I would say, was she was either in a snit or she just controlled her self so much during the day that she was at her wits end. Did not seem difficult for her before, but this is always a sign that she is feeling a bit of stress which she will try to take out on friends and brothers (if she can not take it out on the intended strange dog).
Week 12 Day 2 6/4/2019 Tuesday:
- Four five minute down stays and one 5 minute place (practiced until achieved) Equipment used: none essentially, as she was off leash took 45 minutes RESULT: JUST OKAY TODAY. I AM GUESSING I DON'T DO THESE MUCH WITH HER PROBABLY BECAUSE I HATE WATCHING STAYS.
- Fetch toys left and then placed around yard into toy box Equipment: toy rewards used, electronic collar on (needed to vibrate a couple of times to remind her of her job, toys and bucket) 15 minutes RESULT: EXCELLENT, THIS WAS HER FIRST TIME BEING THIS SUCCESSFUL---16 TOYS IN BUCKET
Week 12 Day 3 6/5/2019 Wednesday:
- Place 1/2 hour while training Sage in dog room, Shana on place in corner Equipment used: Leash dragging, muzzle, electronic collar (did not need to use it at all) 30 minutes RESULT: EXCELLENT PROGRESS WITH THIS STRANGE NEWISH (WAS HERE THREE DAYS LAST WEEK BUT SHANA DID NOT GET GOOD LOOK) FEMALE IN THE ROOM WORKING WITH ME
Week 12 Day 4 6/6/2019 Thursday:
- Definite Day Off
Week 12 Day 5 6/7/2019 Friday:
Nice quiet day with no client dogs here!
- Place in yard on Rock as I am working her with the reward of her very favorite pink bubble gum jolly ball as reward and also impulse control item 15 minutes
- Pink Jolly Ball as reward and impulse item, but now working come, drop, leave it, release from distance (which is kind of confusing for her as we are doing fetch all the time (and this requires her to bring it) 15 minutes
- Work on 10 minute stay with Pink Jolly Ball in from of her 40 minutes to get 1 10 minute stay
Week 12 Day 6 6/8/2019 Saturday:
Nice quiet day with no client dogs here! Hotter and sunnier out today, however.
- [Preplanned] Rigorous informal training but hard play activity before walk (not right before, just before). 30 minutes (did not go on walk that I had planned. Not feeling well, did it the next day. RESULTS: Brought frisbee (10 minutes) back each time (on command, she was hot so tried to go into the shadows sometimes, but came when called. No need to have her do four tricks in a row for this. Pink ball leave it, outs, come, place with ball reward (20 minutes) This still needs work. She wants to charge after it after 1 minute or less if in a stay, but she used to bite me when I would keep her from her favorite object---so much improvement on impulse control. (probably a couple to a few years since trying to do that)
Week 12 Day 7 6/9/2019 Sunday:
Cujo and Bandit, her friends, were over.
- Walk around the neighborhood in a mostly relaxed walk (except when cars were coming, et and I needed to put her in a command. 1 hour RESULTS: GREAT MOOD DESPITE BEING RUSHED AT THE BEGINNING BY A NEIGHBOR'S DOG. SHE QUICKLY GOT OVER THAT AND I MANAGED TO KEEP THE NEIGHBOR'S DOG FROM GETTING TO HER. SAW OTHER DOGS (LITTLE DOGS AT DILAPIDATED HOUSE NEAR NELLIE, HEARD AND SAW OUR FRIEND CROSBY, HEARD TERRIER NEXT TO CROSBY BARKING HIS HEAD OFF) AND SHANA WAS IN A GOOD CURIOUS MOOD (ABOUT OUR SURROUNDING IF NOT THE DOGS). LOOKED GREAT AND MORE RELAXED THAN I HAD SEEN HER BEFORE.